A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Something New..

Little man will be starting at the local nursery in 2 weeks. We go on Wednesday for our first visit and I will stay with him for a while. Hopefully if it all goes well, we'll go for 2 mornings a week.

I've also signed up as a registered trader for Phoenix Trader. I'm selling greetings cards and wrapping paper and other lovely gorgeous things through the catalogue. I'm getting ready a book of samples to get as many orders as I can and may also do some "card parties" if I can pluck up the courage and also get some hosts! It's not like Pampered Chef as you can't really do much with cards other than display them and hope they sell themselves.

I love the samples I've been given they are wonderful, the Christmas Collection is fab and although there are cheaper cards out there, I think these are really unique and quite fab.

I hope it will make me some money and also give me an avenue into the adult world of working and organising oneself with something other than a toddler/baby bag.

Meanwhile I am wondering what has happened to the world of postnatal care, it seems that having a baby is no big deal and you should be back at home, cooking the tea withing 6 hours of giving brith. If you have a c-section you get 2-3 days before they want to kick you out. Personally I feel a little more support is required, otherwise the rates of postnatal depression will be shooting up all over the place and breastfeeding rates may not be as high if people are struggling at home and feel too scared to ask for help and support.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new venture. Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete