A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Pacifying plants?!

Well today is my first ever time at writing one of these and I will later see if it has worked!
Today is my 2nd wedding anniversary and my lovely husband surprised my with a lovely bunch of flowers. Very shocked as only expected a card! Despite it being our anniversary the day has been like any other Tuesday with the exception of the visit to the local supermarket which was done yesterday instead it has also been very hard and difficult. Not helped by feeling slightly unwell in the stomache area. Resulted in a bout of tears at about lunchtime.
However a spot of retail therapy buying some plants for the garden whilst my 16 month old son slept in the car worked wonders. One is a rhubarb plant which I hope will grow and give us lots of free rhubarb. The other two are flowers and look very nice - no idea what they are and if I can keep them alive but with my son's passion for watering the garden with his tiny watering can we should be okay!
Was very impressed with my culinary skills for tea. Had a glass of bubbly but will leave the romantic stuff for the weekend as having a whingey toddler flinging spaggettii hoops and mashed potato across the dining room isn't good! Poor thing has a temperature and is teething again.
My son's sunflower is growing like mad and I think it is time it went outside after being repotted. I think it is 30 cm and I am going to try and keep a record of it on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment