A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Thursday, 9 July 2009

Lots of bits and bobs.

We've been busy and out and about recently doing lots of walking in the park, lots of moaning about the hot weather (typically British) and lots of bits and bobs which aren't anything major but still all quite fulfilling.

Little man soon cheered up after the heat wave was washed out on Friday and so did I. Until then I was thinking that Sir Whingealot (little boy of a friend) would soon have a little friend dubbed Sir Strop-a-lot! Thankfully we seem to be getting better by the day :-)

I hope I haven't jinxed myself there. Some of our exploits include:



  • Little man went to church for the first time ever to a friends baby blessing. He managed to sit through 30 mins of the service before becoming impossible and having to be taken outside to run around. He greatly enjoyed copying the lady at the front of the church who was conducting the congregation whilst singing the hymns. He had a great time playing with baby's big brother and sister afterwards. Also was very shocked that DH agreed to go to church.

  • I got to hold teeny tiny baby for ages during church service. Mmmmm. lovley. He didn't do much though just slept and wiggled a bit. Was quite a shock, I can't remember my little man ever just doing that or sleeping for that long in the day!

  • Little man went to a Princess Party for the big sister of baby the next day but didn't really seem to enjoy himself and the 3 year old girls, sorry Princesses ignored him! He had a little friend who was 16 months to play with though but as usual they spent most of their time arguing over the same toys. He managed to eat about 100 strawberries and several thousand cakes.

  • He now has some new words which he is trying to say which are: cake, bin, and cream!!

  • Found a great new play park in Buckshaw Village (big new housing developement not too far from our house) and went with friends, it also has houses being built around it so there are plenty of diggers so added bonus there! Very safe and all contained and great for different age children.

  • Bought little man a Peppa Pig trike for his belated 18 month birthday (decided it was a good deal and won't be much fun December when he's 2)! It's not too girly as it's blue, red and yellow, the Peppa Pig bits are just stickers.

  • Regretted buying aforemetioned article after having to push little man round on it all through park and getting screamed at if I stopped for even 1 minute! It doesn't steer very well at all! Thing is he loves it! Grrrrr. I hope he learns to pedal it on his own very soon. He needs to grow another inch yet though.

  • Wondered if tomato plants will ever stop getting bigger and will start producing fruit? Wondered what the funny whitey/grey patches are on the leaves of the beetroot - looked it up and it looks like leaf mites :-(

  • Felt sorry for across the road's cat who seems to have been neglected since they went away 2 weeks ago, so went and stroked it in the cul-de-sac, it let little man stroke it too which delighted him even more. I invited the cat in for tuna fish today but it didn't take us up on the invite.

  • Got little man to the shoe shop awake and got his feet measured. He'd gone up a size in both length and width. Luckily found a pair in sale for £14. Not bad for Clarks. He's now a 5 1/2 G.

  • Little man has now entered the some days I will nap and others I won't stage, if he does nap there's no telling how long it will be for.
  • Little man's strops are on the increase, at present they are short lived but they are increasing in frequency. Argh! He sometimes has them for no apparant reason. Other reasons like when Peppa Pig or Bob the Builder finish on the TV are just annoying. Terrible twos here we come.
  • Little man has started building things with his mega blocks. Below is one of his creations. Next step Duplo - Mega Blocks are rubbish and do not stay together. They are however much cheaper than Lego.

  • I am amazed at how much little man can recognise in a book and can recognise complicated things. e.g. where are the coats? he points to the coats. Where is Daddy Pig's coat? He points to the longest coat!! wow! One day he will wake up and start blurting out all these words in full sentences, for now he calls anything he can't say "adid", Agug, or agig!

I am having a great time being me, never really have much non mummy stuff to say but that is part of being a SAHM I suppose. Off to a friends 30th next week, they're having a BBQ and possibly hiring a hot tub/swimming pool in the garden so we've been told to take swim wear. Oh cripes. Swim wear in front of friends eeeeekkkk! Must book in for bikini wax and try swimsuits on to see how they fit as everything is different to how it used to be! Also need to get babysitter sorted......

3 comments:

  1. Love that park :-) almost bought same trike for Boy's 18m birthday! Glad I didn't, he has too many toys. Our tomato plants are also wild, had to give some away, run out of room! We also have tantrums when Peppa finishes :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it that he can say cake! You'll have to show us this good play park. I think you're meant to pinch out some bits of the tomato plants but don't ask me which bits. Hope to meet up soon, will be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely upbeat post, the colours work so well too! Wow, you found your son some Clarks shoes in the sale. That never happens to me!

    ReplyDelete