Little man did a wee wee on the toilet tonight!
No we are not toilet training him at 19 months but I saw a soft toilet seat for £2 today so I got one. I sat little man on it so he could get used to sitting on the toilet. (He has an obsession about the toilet and constantly runs up to it and says wee wee)
Before his bath we always take his nappy off and he has weed on the floor every night for a few weeks now and he seems to be making it happen we think?! Anyway he weed on the floor at the exact same time so we sat him on the seat and he did some more in the toilet! We looked at each other in amazement!!! He got a bit upset when we flushed the wee wee away though!
But we are not going to toilet train him now, he isn't ready yet but we didn't see the harm in trying. Occasionally he says wee wee during the day and sometimes says "gone" when he's done the other thing but nothing is consistent and I'm still adamant we'll wait until he seems ready.
I'm fed up with the heat - it's too much. Bring on the cooler air!
Silenced
11 years ago

Ah bless him, he seems quite aware of his bodily functions. My eldest is 22 months and potty training is on the horizon! :-)
ReplyDeleteIts a start. A nice slow introduction is much better than most people's view of toilet "training" anyway. We started off just like that and now at 2.25 we have regular "performance" whenever the opportunity arises.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up :o)
Thank you, he seems to have regressed this last few days but still enjoys sitting on the toilet seat! He's had to have his nappy off due to a nasty heat rash thingy so I've been mopping up puddles occassionally!! Not letting it affect us in any way thouh.
ReplyDelete