A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Sunday, 29 November 2009

Almost almost 2!

I've been absent from blogging for a while. I've been busy being a mummy and a wife, not a very happy one but the work never stops and you have to keep going. Rather than focus what is not so good let us focus on the soon to be events of the following week.

Little man turns 2 on Tuesday!!!! Argh!! It's very scary, maybe because most people say "oh no terrible twos" personally we started these at around 18 months, they do seem to have reached a peak recently (I really hope). I don't now why it's scary, maybe how quickly he has developed recently is the scary thing. He has started talking all the time, his vocabulary has expanded slightly and the amount of babble is much reduced. He can now name the entire family of Peppa Pig. Although Peppa is pronounced bebba, am I very impressed at his ability to say "George".

We're taking little man to the Sealife centre for a birthday treat, then grandparents are coming round. On Saturday we're having a little party at our house with a few playgroup friends. I am very nervous about the party.

I'm having my hair done tomorrow - a nice indulgent treat for me whilst DH has the week off, we have little mans development check up on Thursday and more Tumble tots on Friday.

I have 2 cakes to make and lots of presents to wrap up and the house needs de-cluttering and tidying after dying from a terrible cold which has lasted for almost 9 days before.

I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. I prefer to call them the emotional twos as you get the good & the bad - the "I love you mummy"'s come as well as the floor stomping :o)

    ReplyDelete