I've previously never been a fan of the feast of Halloween. The last few years I have been very "bah humbug" about it and refused to give nay trick or treaters anything. In some strange way - none turned up for the previous 3 years we have been living in our current house.
I was petrified of naughty teenagers throwing eggs or causing mischief or even worse people trying to barge in the house. In 2007 I was 36 weeks pregnant on Halloween and I spent the night with my in-laws as I didn't want to be all alone. (DH was working all night).
Anyway this year little man and I carved a pumpkin, first time for both of us and we lit a tea light and popped it in. I was very impressed. I had been feeling terrible all day so it was a bigger achievement just for that reason. Anyway the pumpkin seemed to tell the world and it's neighbour that we were an open house for trick or treaters. We got so many I was overwhelmed. I'd also made fairy cakes which little man that morning and 18 of them went pretty quick, we were then rooting through the cupboards for snacks to give away. Flapjack, club biscuits and eventually fruit.
I actually enjoyed it, little man was scared by the costumes but once he got used to it he liked it, he said ded-dum (bye-bye) to them all as they left. He was very confused as to why we gave them all cakes though!! Maybe next year I'll let him have a costume, maybe there'll be one at the NCT sale next week....
Silenced
11 years ago

That's lovely. Its nice to be surprised by the enjoyment of things. My little monster went outside to look at the moon with a torch and we saw some but thankfully he wasn't scared (mainly disney princesses!!) and went next door & said "Happy Halloween" and got himself a chocolate. He seemed exceptionally pleased with himself.
ReplyDelete