Little man's new favourite word is NO. I've stopped asking questions as I'm fed up of getting no as an answer followed by a strop when he decides that no means yes. I assume this will be familiair to many other mummies.
Little mans's new favourite pastime is wanting everything of mummy's. Mummy's food, juice, tea, pens, shoes. Now he wants Mummy ALL the time, he follows me up the stairs even if I only go for 2 seconds to get something, into the kitchen, into the bathroom. It's even worse when I'm on the toilet and he asks to be picked up??!!
He's talking all the time mostly his simple limited vocabulary mixed with babble and he's started to copy everything I say or every noise I make. He's picked up people calling me by my name at his party and randomly shouts out "Nen, nen, nen, nenny, nen" he hasn't actually called it me yet and I don't respond if he does.
We're also asking for all the above repeatedly with "pease, pease, mummy pease" after it, it the wish isn't granted he throws a strop woth tears and everything.
Tumbletots is becoming a nightmare - he's not emotionally ready for the move up into the 2-3 class but physically he is almost to advanced for it already. I spent most of todays session stopping him screaming because he wanted a blue ball and a green ball and another child had the blue one.
I have to confess that although I love him more than anythign in the world, it's not fun anymore, every situation is leading to a mini strop and I am panicking I've done something wrong, spoilt him too much, not paid him enough attention, not been strict enough, been to "grown up" with him when explaining things and more...
It's one thing nobody tells you before you have a baby, even when you're pregnant, your child will change your life in mnay obvious ways but the none obvious ones involve the psycological side of it. I am a worrier, and now I have much more to worry about. Baby baby posted about home safety recently and I share all her fears and have done silly things and panicked when my husband was home late last night and his phone got switched off.
With a baby.toddler you are constantly worrying about the right food, the discipline, their speech, the size, their happiness, money, toys, are they ill or just a bit down today etc.... the list goes one - they consume your body and maind and you're left with very little time for yourself.
I am currently unable to let him go away from me with a relative, I can't cope with it very well at all. Maybe I need to but the thought makes me want to cry, don't even mention starting nursery!!
Silenced
11 years ago

aw how old is your son? Mine keeps saying No. But his fav thing is anything of his sisters!
ReplyDeletehe's just turned 2, 2 weeks ago, no siblings yet so just mummy, things have got a bit better since Friday thanks to a change of scenery.
ReplyDelete