A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Thursday, 31 December 2009

Looking back....

Year 2000 - I had just started teacher training at Edge Hill and was enjoying the freedom of living away from home. Going out drinking very often! My first "proper" boyfriend finished with me and I spent months trying getting over it.

2001 - Still at uni but after not getting on so well with hall mates, ended up living with complete strangers. Also lost my Grandad Smith :-( Finally discovered that biological washing powder was the cause of my strange itchy-ness.

2002 - Last year of uni very hard with dissertations and final teaching practice. In new student house with great group of girls who I still meet up with today. Graduated with a 2:2 in July and signed on as a supply teacher in September. Went for countless interviews and never got any of the jobs, moved back home with mum and dad which was testing.

2003 - It started with a kiss! At the Scouts ball on 3rd Jan I kissed my husnabd to be (although I didn't know it then)! We got on great and life was good. We had a brilliant year going here, there and everywhere and we were madly in love. Work was still bad, very little supply teaching available, didn't like it, got scared and depressed and started having nightmares. Was living between mum and dads and DHs mum and dads! Began to think about alternative career options.

2004 - Finally admitted that teaching was not for me and got a temping job as an admin assistant, ended up there a whole year! Much happier. Had to get over the pride thing and tell the parents though. DH and I bought a house together and moved in :-) so I moved from Blackpool to Chorley. Made new friends through DH.

2005 - Enjoyed living together and working now at new job and going to see friends.

2006 - Got promotion to Inventory Specialist and big money! woo hoo! Also got engaged, put the house up for sale, sold it, moved back in with DHs parents and booked the wedding for April 07. Moved into current house soon after and began making it our home.

2007 - Sadly lost my last remaining Grandad over New Year and was very upset he wouldn't be at the wedding. Discovered was pregnant only 8 weeks before the wedding!! Had wonderful wedding and great honeymoon (if you ignore the horrendous morning sickness). Little man was born 4 days late, on 1st December and life changed again. Really enjoyed new house especially it's location.

2008 - Enjoyed being a mummy and decided to give up work and stay at home. Met new friends through NCT classes and local children's centre and enjoyed regular meet ups. Little man started crawling at 6 months and also walked on his own at 9 months old! Lots of wonderful moments and precious memories.

2009 - Bought a caravan with our savings so we could go on more holidays. Have yet to use it to our full potential. Finally stopped breastfeeding after 22 sucessful months. Enjoyed a holiday away with new found friends and their children. More wonderful moments with little man as he continued to amaze us with his development. Found things hard from time to time and still do. Struggled for money for the first time ever. Wondered about having another baby several times and then changed my mind again straight away!! He's hoping 2010 will be more positive for me personally!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there.
    Really enjoyed readiny your personal review of the decade! I keep forgetting that its the start of a new decade (infact I didn't even realise it was til a few weeks ago as I thought 2011 was the new decade lol).
    Anyway wishing you all the best for 2010! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recap of the past 10 years might have to steal that one! I don't live too far away from Chorley i'm in St. Helens...unfortunately someone has to live here :) Here's hoping 2010 will be your year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good memory! Happy new year and here's to you using the caravan more (and helping me put up my tent!)

    ReplyDelete