A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Toddler - English dictionary

Little man's talking is really coming on, today's best sentence was

"Mummy, a geen didi duck" which translates as "Mummy, a green tractor stuck" He spotted his small tractor underneath the radiator and delighted in telling me this.

He does use a lot of his own words for common everyday things and I often have to translate. Here is a small selection. You can see some common sounds and some themes but I have no idea where dousche came from for his bed!!! It's all wonderful and amazing to watch them learn and I'm so glad I am at home with him to hear this everyday!


didi = tractor or any vehicle bigger than a car also including diggers
mummy gig = breast milk
gig = milk
dousche = bed (no idea where this one came from )
nar, nar, nar, nar = fire engine and other vehicles with flashing lights and sirens!
baa = sheep
booo = cow
brrraaacck = chicken
de-dum = bye bye
choo choo = train
git = buggy/pushchair
beebies = poo
bubbies = bubbles
duck = stuck
a yaaarrjhjj = anything scary
oohh ooh oooh = a monkey
roll-roll = road roller
choo = cheese
troo = tree
mup = pick me up
a weey = go that way mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment