Today Little man and I met some firemen at playgroup. Lady at playgroup got very excited about organising the event and was squealing about "sexy firemen". I did have to point out that they may send fire women/ladies and also that all the firemen I have met in my life have not been sexy and most have been old enough to be my Dad.
Anyway 5 guys turned up and 2 out of the 5 were youngish and actually quite nice looking. (don't tell DH!) I wondered if one might fit the criteria of "man wanted" (not for me) but couldn't tell how old he was!
The firemen tried very hard to ask a room full of toddlers if they knew what firemen did but most of the children were more bothered with the toy cars and toy kitchen. One guy then put on his firefighting kit and most of children cried!! Little man wasn't very bothered and I was glad when we went to see the Fire engine. Little man got a bit jittery as they had to turn on the engine so the pump would run, he didn't like the noise and was much more interested in his latest fascination - cars!! The car park was full of them. With some gentle mummy persuasion little man went to help hold the hose and was allowed to pull back the lever and squirt the water. Of course, naturally he loved it! He wanted to sit inside the engine but he wasn't allowed.
Back inside he went, back to merrily playing with trains, tractors and diggers and pushing them round on the road rugs. I got 3 nice photos printed for me by the lady from playgroup but I need to get electronic versions. I posted about it on facebook and was thinking very carefully about the wording of "meeting firemen and playing with hoses!" as I didn't want inappropriate comments - but maybe that was an inappropriate thought?!
he he - this is making me think of rose wine, crisps and giggling - mmmm maybe a girly night is in order. Hang on it's been that long since I had one that I don't think I can remember what to do. As for drinking, 1 glass of wine would probably be the limit - quite shocking for someone who used to drink a full bottle quite easily!! I definitely don't drink a bottle a month at the moment! But a glass of red/white or rose is certaintly appealing right now. Maybe I should organise a night out - just need some capital funds first.
Hmmm, yes money very tight right now - having to decline days out and lunches out to try and save money. Spent a lovely free afternoon in the library today and hopefully things will improve soon. Possibly considering employment but we will have to see. In the meanwhile I have set up a website www.glutenfreeideas.co.uk and with the google ad words hopefully this will bring us some income. At least once we move off page 700 of the google search! Meanwhile your homework is to go to my site and click on the sponsered links and browse those sites a bit - I might just get 10p for your effort!
On a completely different note I feel very happy - I have unplugged the TV and little man is only watching it in the morning now. We are having so much more fun and playing lovely games together. I am slowly introdusing him to music, yesterday we had Abba Gold and today Queen Greatest Hits I. You should of seen him dancing to "Another one bites the dust!" classic.
Also note to self - stop talking about your child & childbirth when you go out!!!!!!!!
Silenced
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment