A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Thursday, 7 May 2009

Baby Envy

For a while "to be or not to be" has been on my mind. Today I had just about convinced myself I was pregnant and was going to have a baby in January. My period wasn't even late - it was due today. Writing this now makes me sound very silly and embarrassed as true to form my period arrived late this afternoon bang on day 28 of my cycle.

Yes I am one of the lucky people who seems to have a regular 28 day cycle every month and I must not moan. I have the ability to pretty much predict the exact day it will happen and it usually does. Back in 2007 I had worked out that my period would start on our Wedding Day - big no no. I remember saying to my hubby "I will find a way to make sure I'm not having a period on our Wedding day!" - I intended to get the pill from the doctors and skip a period. Instead I got pregnant 2 months prior to the Wedding - Ooops - but it did solve the period problem!!

I can't help feeling a bit down about not being pregnant also at the same time pleased that I get little man to myself for a while longer and I was very scared of how I would cope with a baby and a 25 month old toddler. The only thing I had decided is that a double pushchair was NOT an option and I would consult my experienced baby wearing friend to help choose slings for my newborn so my lovely little man could still go in his pram/pushchair. (Ok, perhaps I got a bit too carried away with the possible baby thing!) ((just noticed the pun on words he he)). Thinking about babies is making me very broody - argh flipping hormones!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit scared about coping....my little man's sibling is due when he will be 21 months old! (Silent scream). I will be babywearing with a pram too. In reality, I can't wait. I am feeling slightly smug that I will know what to do with a baby this time!

    ReplyDelete