A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Thursday, 7 May 2009

Spring Cleaning

Today I made a decision and stuck to it. I would spring clean my wardrobe. I decided to throw away all the horrible frumpy stuff that I never wear, rejoiced in throwing away trousers I used to wear for work which are now far too big and to keep the maternity stuff just in case. I rearranged everything left behind into some sort of order and folded it all reasonably neatly. I decided that hanging most of it up was the best idea and then found out I hadn't enough hangers.

I don't have a lot of clothes, well I don't think I do anyway. I have a lot of smart clothes for going to weddings etc.. most of which are satiny/silk and I love them but never seem to get chance to wear them. I have a terrible weakness for clothes from Coast in particular and must now stop buying smart stuff and concentrate on improving my casuals collection and buying some shoes which will go with all of the above!

Along with a good clean out of my underwear and socks drawer I have a small pile to be sent to Oxfam or similar so I can do my (very small) bit for charity and the environment. I have decided to cut up an old dressing gown to make face cloths and will have to get hubby to show me how to use the sewing machine.

Was very pleased with myself and am enjoying the extra space in the drawers. It is easier to choose what to wear in the morning. Although this morning my 17 month old baby boy decided to choose my top me, so a green top it is :-) - matches the new leaves on the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment