Well I don't really know what to write today. Have just finished typing up some minutes from a dreadfully boring financial meeting. I agree to do their minutes for them and I don't know why really. I get no pay and have to sit there listening to them talk about financial things, accounts and the market situation. It's all whistling around somewhere above my head whilst I force my brain to focus. They guy who comes from the investment company is rather yummy though which makes interesting viewing whilst he gives his speel on the current market situation.
Meanwhile I write all this stuff down, get home and a few days later try to type it up into some sort of understandable document! When you don't understand it yourself it is quite difficult and with mummy brain it's worse! They use a lot of jargon which doesn't help as well as acronyms.
Anyway it's only 5 meetings a year and I get the satisfaction of helping people out might soon resign with the excuse of getting an evening job.
My blog name described how I felt when I started it up and and think it might need to change soon, I feel more like "Little Me" than my blog title now. Meanwhile I have enlisted the help of my sister who works in a health food shop to look into what's safe to take when your still breastfeeding.
Looks like DH isn't working in Edinburgh this weekend so I will hopefully be asking him to babysit whilst I go visit friends and possibly learn to knit. My last attempt at knitting was when I was 10, despite being the Girl Guides We didn't learn knitting in my group so my Grandma tried to teach me. I never learnt how to cast on or off but I knitted a "scarf" for my teddy. The only problem was it was about 10cm wide at the top and by the time we had got to the bottom it was about 20cm wide??!! I think my poor Grandma was a bit miffed that I wasn't much better at it.
I did have a Knitting Nancy though and with a ball of multi colour wool made some lovely designs. Not sure if I can remember how to do either now but I might find out soon!
Anyway - time for a cuppa (de-caf as it's late) and a piece of gooey lemon cake (yum!).
Silenced
11 years ago

Is this JK's knit (optional) & natter evening? Will see you there if you get a babysitter!
ReplyDelete