If the above is actually word then I have many of these about the coming weekend.
I am already tired, little man is still screaming for several hours before bed and he has never settled well in other people's houses. Tonight's screaming session was shorter though (possibly helped by going to bed later) so hopefully things are on the up.
DH had a right go at me earlier about not "firming up" details for the weekend. I thought everything was sorted, even managed to wrap up the huge present Father's day present for my Dad. He's on holiday when it is Father's day so he's getting the present tomorrow. But no, I hadn't asked my Mum the correct questions and hadn't checked if the BBQ we're going to would definitely do gluten free food and if there would be enough of it to fill Dh up.
Now how do you ask that over the phone?!!!
This morning I made a special trip to Tesco and bought DH lots of gluten free snacks, some GF bread and GF sausages so he won't strave if there is no GF food. However I wasn't obviously good enough. I will have to pack all this for him, with all his clothes, toiletries and tool kit. The I need to pack for me and little man. Sometimes it islike having 2 children.
He's also moaning about my mum's cooking and lack of hygiene in the kitchen and bathroom at mum's house before we've even set off. So we had a massive argument and I cried.
I really should be packing all our stuff now but obviously I'm not. I've just been to vote and I really enjoyed the walk to the polling station. It was nice to get 10 minutes of freedom.
DH said sorry and went to mow the grass, I did tell him not to do it at 7pm as little children are going to bed but he said they'll just have to learn to sleep through it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meanwhile I watched in delight as my 18 month old ran round the garden with no nappy on, dribbling a football, going down his slide, playing in the sand and crawling on the concrete!! He was loving it. He eventually did a wee and as he was on the concrete he could see it "a wee-wee" he exclaimed in delight! Then he dipped a paintbrush in his little pool and ran off to paint the little wooden safety gate with it!!!
Hope the weekend goes well.
Silenced
11 years ago

very sweet anding to a crappy day. Good luck at the weekend. I am also packing for 2 "children" and myself :-) a woman's work is never done eh? and when I forget his socks/spare jeans/hat (delete as appropriate) it's my fault obviously.
ReplyDelete