A blog about me and my life as a wife and stay at home mummy

Saturday, 27 June 2009

Still adjusting...

Despite my little man being almost 19 months old I still haven't got used to being a Mummy as I discovered today.

Tomorrow is my birthday and despite reaching the amazing feat of being 28 on the 28th at last! (something we used to go on and on about in primary school, sad I know). I was very down about it and didn't really want it to happen.

Mum and Dad were desperate to come and see me on my birthday, even to the extent that they were texting whilst on a cruise round the Mediterranean & holiday in Corfu. I really think they just want to see their Grandson, they've bought him a present as well.

I decided to plan my day and made a wonderful plan involving a meal at a lovely restaurant and getting all dressed up and drink afterwards. Shopping before hand with lunch out of course. Then reality hit - I'd forgotten to include Little man in these plans. Little man in current grizzle mode, in a hot restaurant, late in the evening having to wait for food is not going to be nice experience.

Plus can't drink wine as still BF before bed as it's working again! So changed to having lunch out but this scuppers shopping plans. Oh well never mind can still go next week sometime.

Got very upset and haven't had any cards through the post today which is very unusual!

I can blame my hormones though as today as well as a visit from aunt flo :-( I held a teeny, tiny, beautiful 7 day old baby. He was only 7lb 3oz at birth so much smaller than my hefty 8lb 11oz bundle of joy who's now much bigger. He was so so small and very beautiful.

Got very broody for another baby but not too sure about two toddlers/little men at all. Husband also got a cuddle and I think he was quite in awe.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, sending ((hugs)).
    Book a babysitter and have your night out next week? x

    ReplyDelete